U.S. issues sixth Ethiopia ‘security message’ in 3 months after Ambo clashes
(africanews) — The United States embassy in Ethiopia has issued a ‘security message’ citing renewed clashes in Oromia region. The clashes in Ambo and two other areas led to deaths and injuries blamed on special federal forces, the ‘Agazis.’
The Thursday October 26, 2017 release becomes the sixth such message in a space of three months – between August and October 2017. It is the second security message in a space of two weeks.
“The U.S. Embassy is aware of reports of violent protests and road closures in the areas of the region of Oromia near Ambo, Bako, and Holeta, west of Addis Ababa,” its recent statement read in part.
Deeply disturbing reports of violence & deaths in Ambo highlight importance of peaceful expression & conflict resolution by all #Ethiopia
— U.S. Embassy Addis (@USEmbassyAddis) October 26, 2017
The embassy cautioned its citizens who found themselves in the affected areas to exercise extra caution and review their security plans at every point in time.
On October 11 this year, the embassy issued a similar message in respect of Shashamane when violent protests and road blocks were reported.
Since the October 2016 state of emergency rule was lifted on August 8 this year, there has been two security messages each for August, September and October. All but the August 11 version was related to unrest.
The U.S. security messages between August – October 2017
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Violent Protests and Road Closures in and around Ambo (26 October, 2017)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Violent protests and road closures in and around Shashamane (11 October, 2017)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Security Awareness in Oromia Region (29 September, 2017)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Unrest in Oromia (14 September, 2017)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Main road between the cities of Babile and Harar is clear and open (11 August, 2017)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Main road blocked by security forces between the cities of Babile and Harar (10 August, 2017)
OMN: Gabaasa Addaa onk 27, 2017
BBN SPECIAL NEWS
የአይን እማኞች ምስስክርነት በቀጥታ ከአምቦ የወያኔን መሰሪ ድርጊት ሼር በማድረግ ያጋልጡ።
አሁን የደረሰን ዜና
ከህዋሀት የደህንነት ቤት ቦምብ እና የኦነግ ባንዲራ ተገኝ ልብ ያለው ልብ ይበል የአማራ ልጆች የተገደሉት በወያኔ አጋዚ ነው ሕብር ሬዲዮ ዜናነው።
BBN NEWS OCTOBER 27-2017
፦ በሆለታ ከተማ ተቃውሞ ተቀሰቀሰ
፦ ኮለኔል ደመቀ ዘውዴ የአቃቤ ህጉን ክስ ተቃወሙት ፦ በአምቦ ውጥረት ነግሷል የሚሉት ናቸው ዜናውን ተከታተሉት።