EXCLUSIVE U.S. Concerned over Turkey’s drone sales to conflict-hit Ethiopia
- Signs that Ethiopia govt using drones against rebels
- Washington has ‘profound humanitarian concerns’ -official
- Ankara says it’s urging negotiations in Ethiopia
- U.S. has clamped down on defence exports to Ethiopia
- U.S. sanctions on Turkey over sales a distant possibility
ISTANBUL/ADDIS ABABA, Dec 22 (Reuters) – U.S. authorities have taken issue with Turkey over its sales of armed drones to Ethiopia, where two sources familiar with the matter said there was mounting evidence the government had used the weapons against rebel fighters.