WE TRUST HIM
18 June 2018 – Should we nominate Lemma Megersa and Dr. Abiy Ahmed to the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize Laureates?
Ethiopia is at a potentially exciting crossroads-though nothing is assured after TPLF issued a veiled warning to Dr.Abiy Ahmed Ali.
We think, after today’s speech of calling TPLF’s bluff, Abiy is a genuine person Eritrea can do business with. Importantly, more Eritreans have now started to believe that the new Ethiopian PM (pictured) is actually sincere on making peace with Eritrea.
Meanwhile, let see who can be qualified to nominate for Nobel Peace Prize Laureates.
The Norwegian Nobel Committee is responsible for selecting the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates. A nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize may be submitted by any persons who are qualified to nominate.
According to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, a nomination is considered valid if it is submitted by a person who falls within one of the following categories:
• Members of national assemblies and national governments (cabinet members/ministers) of sovereign states as well as current heads of states
• Members of The International Court of Justice in The Hague and The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague
• Members of Institut de Droit International
• University professors, professors emeriti and associate professors of history, social sciences, law, philosophy, theology, and religion; university rectors and university directors (or their equivalents); directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes
• Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
• Members of the main board of directors or its equivalent for organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
• Current and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee (proposals by current members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after 1 February)
• Former advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Committee